Listen in with The Brit, Phil Clark, and guest co-host and Church Street brewer, Chuck Fort as we get an exclusive look at the latest suburban brewery to join the growing population in the Fox River corridor. Riverlands Brewing in St. Charles opens their doors on Friday, March 16, ready for the St. Patrick’s weekend, and co-owner/head brewer Eric Bramwell, and co-owner/”future”-assistant brewer Dave Marck sat down with us to talk about their story and of course, we sample some of their brews that will be on tap for the opening weekend.
This new brewery spares no expense to make great classics, new styles, and plenty of them, with a nod to as much local decor and local ambiance as they can. They are just part of a team of 5 family and friends, who are all super-approachable, humble as to their roots and the recognition of the craft brewer population who have helped them get to where they are now.
They also have brought on-board Jeremy Teel as tap-room manager, and for those who know Jeremy from past locations, you know his expertise will flow over into the front-of-house operations. So, whether you go the opening weekend or not, put it on your list for a visit! And with the English Pub Mild on tap, and Dave a Tottenham supporter just like The Brit, maybe we’ll see more English pub games and Premier League early Saturday mornings…I’m working on convincing them!
The Brews we sampled:
- Yellow Kayak, Pilsner – German, 5.2% ABV 40 IBU
- Arthur B’s Pub Ale, English Mild Ale, 3.7% ABV 20 IBU
- Murky Waters IPA – New England, 7% ABV
- Witty Fox , Witbier, 5.2% ABV 18 IBU
- Acid Rainbow: Buried In Berries, Sour – Fruited, 5.5% ABV
- First Catch of the Day, Stout – American Imperial / Double, 12% ABV, 80 IBU
- Kamoho, Imperial Stout, 12% ABV 80 IBU
- Secret Burrito, Imperial Stout, 12% ABV
- Campfire Tales, Imperial Stout, 12% ABV
Play the show from our player or the Podbean player below…