It’s the time of year that breweries release beers that contain cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and other adjuncts. The Brit visited a local chain liquor store and randomly selected 7 beers for the panel to taste and chat about. And that panel comprised the two co-hosts of the podcast, Chuck Fort from Church Street Brewing, Ken McMullen from Hopvine Brewing, and back because he hasn’t been to the pub for a while, beer-nerd and chum, Tom Ryan.
We of course divert from chat about the beers and cover many topics including the World Cup, and the origins of demerara sugar. Which of these brews came out the favorite? Or perhaps it was more than one! Tune in and find out!
- Fistmas, Revolution Brewing – Chicago IL, Red Ale with ginger and coriander, 6.5% ABV
- Vixen, Around The Bend Brewing – Chicago IL, Pistachio Cream Ale with cinnamon, 5.0% ABV
- Gingerbread Unicorns, Pipeworks Brewing – Chicago IL, Rye Ale with vanilla, ginger cinnamon nutmeg, black pepper and lactose, 6.5% ABV
- Nutcracker, Boulevard Brewing – Kansas City MO, Winter Warmer, 7.8% ABV
- Christmas Ale, Anchor Steam Brewing – San Francisco CA, Special Ale with notes of orange, honeysuckle, toasted malts, and eucalyptus, 7.0% ABV
- Island of Misfit Beers – Sam, Obscurity Brewing – Elburn IL, Milk stout with vanilla, 5.0% ABV
- Barrel-aged Frosted Frog Christmas Ale, Hoppin’ Frog Brewing – Akron OH, Winter warmer, 8.6% ABV
Play the audio podcast on our players above…or your favorite smartphone podcast app. We have a direct link to iTunes and Spotify below…and lots of other links on the sidebar!