This past Sunday we headed out to Huntley IL and a brewery that has only been open for just over 2 months, Sew Hop’d. The Yankee, Mike ‘Lingo’ Lingafelter and The Brit, Phil Clark visited with the Sew Hop’d team of Tap Room Manager Katie Hofman, Brand Manager Scott Busam, and brewer Doug Vandewalker and on a hot, sultry Sunday morning discovered what makes this brewery somewhat unique, at least in terms of the building it is located in.
Situated in half of the Union Sewing Machine factory, and the old Borden Dairy factory, these guys are taking small steps to build a very local and well-patronized tap room, producing some classic and solid brews. And behind the operations side, the owners love of good, fresh beer has provided the foundation for a great addition to the Illinois brewing scene.
It’s a sultry Sunday morning chat, and just another great brewery to visit. Here’s the beers we sampled…
- Sonne Hefeweizen, 5.5% ABV
- Raspberry Wit’s End Witbier, 4.2% ABV
- SMaSH 101 Pale Ale – American, 5.8% ABV
- Stan’s Amber Red Ale – American Amber / Red, 5.9% ABV
- S’more Borden Street Milk Stout Stout – Milk / Sweet, 4.2% ABV
- Borden Street Chocolate Milk Stout Stout – Milk / Sweet, 4.2% ABV
Play the show from our player or the PodBean player below…