When a friend comes to town and brings beer, then it’s time to get a panel together and have a bottle share. Joining The Brit down in thee pub this week is ex-co-host and beer consultant, Mark Naski. Now living in Boise ID., it’s amazing how many great breweries are springing up there, many of which are medal winners from GABF and WBC. Bringing their offerings this show are current co-hosts, Ken McMullen from Hopvine Brewing and Chuck Fort from Church Street. And along for the ride, but also bringing brews are consumer ‘crafties’ and friends of the show, Tom Ryan and John Karwoski.
It’s quite a line-up of brews we are tasting, reviewing, and passing our arbitrary opinions upon, once again showing that everybody’s palate is different but that there is a world of great flavor and styles out there. As usual there is plenty of pub chat, including a discussion as to what absinthe is all about.
As this is an extended edition, feel free to play the show at fast speed and then you can listen to all our chipmunk voices. The timings of the tastings are listed below…
00:00- 11:02 Calibration beer: Emancipation Brewing, Fairbury IL., Farm Fresh Pale Ale, 6.5% ABV
- 11:02 – 22:03 Geaux Brewing, Auburn WA, Poydras, Robust Porter, 6.5% ABV
- 22:03 – 34:28 Elmhurst Brewing Co., Elmhurst IL, Professor Plum in the Brewhouse with the Mashpaddle, Belgian Style Ale aged in Rye Barrels with Plum Puree Added, 11% ABV
- 34:28 – 44:59 Transient Ales, Bridgman MI, 2017 Vacillate, Oak Fermented Saison Aged in Letherbee Absinthe Barrels, 6.5% ABV
- 44:59 – 54:38 Ike & Oak, Woodridge IL, Class V, Bourbon Barrel Aged Double Stout, 8% ABV
- 54:38 – 67:15 Three Floyds, Munster IN, Argues for Sport Grand Cru, wild ale brewed with Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus and Pediococcus
Play the show from the PodBean player, or our player below…