This week we are providing an alternative to election coverage with our edition discussing winter beer styles that we are drinking. Recorded via Zoom and joining The Brit on the tasting panel are 3 head brewers and 3 Covid hair styles! Providing their choices for brews they like to drink as we head into the colder months are co-host Ken McMullen from Hopvine Brewing, occasional co-host Chuck Fort from Church Street Brewing, and completing the lineup and special guest, Eric Bramwell from Riverlands Brewing.
We each selected 2 beer styles that tickle our taste palates during this change of seasons, and chat about why and find out if some of these might be on the brewing calendar. Ken pulls out some recently received malt samples and how he goes about selecting which ones he might want to try in a pilot batch, plus Chuck suggests brewing up a barley tea to get some of the taste profiles.
Great fun and all in the safety of our own socially distanced environments! Cheers!
- Smoked Porter, 6.5% ABV, Alaskan Brewing Co, Juneau AK
- Nut Brown Ale, 7.2% ABV, D and G Brewing, St. Charles IL
- Wicked Googly, 10% ABV, Barleywine, Riverlands/Hopvine/Brit & Yankee Collab
- Old Order 10 (2017), 10% ABV, Barleywine, Solemnn Oath Brewing, Naperville IL
- Holy Moly, 7.5% ABV, BBA Milk Stout, Church Street Brewing, Itasca IL
- English Cardinal, 9.4% ABV, Barleywine, Käretäs Brewing, Itasca IL
- Hoppy Grinchmas, 8.1% ABV, Imperial Red Ale, Riverlands Brewing, St. Charles IL
- Premium Dunkel, 4.8% ABV, Munich Dunkel, Warsteiner Brauerei, Warstein Germany
Our YouTube video…
Play the audio podcast on our player below…or your favorite smartphone podcast app…we have a direct link to iTunes for iPhone users, and Google Play for Android users: